Believe it or not, I'm back in business. Thanks to Dil Huey who brought his spare power supply. We spent the morning troubleshooting, replacing and testing I/O boards. 4 of 26 were toast. 2 others had small problems, but I could move wires around to good places. The rest are working st this time. I spent the afternoon reprogramming the software to match the changes.
Today I turned on the layout and I heard a pop, but I didn't know what it was. Then I smelt it. There was an electrical problem somewhere. The regulated power supply was is supposed to put out 13.8 vdc was putting out 26.6 vdc. This caused at least two I/O's to smoke. There maybe more. I won't know until I can replace the power supply.
This may cause the cancellation of a few op sessions.
The cavalry is on the way tomorrow and maybe then we can see the extent of the damage.