Friday, June 6, 2014
1. Added wye for engine turning in Brunswick
2. Moved King Coal from Bath to Brunswick
3. Moved Maine Scrap in Brunswick and added one more spot.
4. Moved Engine Facility and added one more tank car spot.
5. Added Baxter Shoes with 2 spots.
6. Added diesel and steam fueling capability
7. Added Capt. Jack's Boat building to place vacated by Coal Co.
8. Added Stanley Stoves with one one new spot in Bath.
9. Added 11 new cars to cover the increase in spots.
10. Changed about 30 waybills.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Sunday, June 1, 2014
1. Engine turning capability
2. Engine storage
3. More industry switching for the yard crews
1. A wye was installed.
2. Still in the works, but it looks like I may be able to use a special scratch built turnout made for me by Mike Porterfield for the old layout.
3. Moved all existing industry towards the wye, added a two spot coal depot, two track fueling facility for diesels, a spot for steam engines to refuel (on the wye). Cleared up the whole middle of Brunswick for new industry.
It will take awhile to implement everything into a session because new control panels and computer programming and I'll need another auto-reverser ordered
First I cut the hole so the fueling station will slide in from the top.
Then I cut a plywood base large enough to attach from the bottom. I also cut a hole in the middle to allow access to the wires and so I can get a hand in there so I can lower it from the bottom.
I put spacers in so that the fueling station would sink low enough and be flush with the top. This will be screwed in from the bottom. The fueling station fits inside of this from the top.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
I have been struggling with my engine facility and turntable situation for awhile. I cut a hole and put in a turntable that was too small. Then I got a larger turntable and it didn't leave a lot of room for anything else. At this point I put the engine facility on hold.
I then started getting the idea that I wanted a lot more industry and I started working on ideas that might work. Almost every idea was tossed because of one thing or another and the project was put back on the back burner again.
It was suggested that I put in a wye and although I doubted it would work, it appeared that it will. I started by checking to see if it would come off the mainline, but it turned out I could come of the engine track and keep the mainline clear. This has the added benefit of being able to get industries on both sides of the corner of this part of the layout. So I can add industry and turn engines.
Today I plugged the turntable hole, added track for the wye and now I'm looking for the best place to add the fueling station and all the other things to get the most bang for the Buck.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Friday, April 4, 2014
BEST trains now owns this kit and when I thought I was going to run out of shingles they agreed to send me more for free. Now that is great customer service!!!
I still have to remove it one more time to put the window glazing in and Maybe some lights.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Friday, March 7, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
The first pictures is the area north of Bucksport. I still have to add the waster. Note to self: it is better to paint the backdrop before you install the bridge. The second picture is the church in Acadia.
Monday, March 3, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Thursday, January 9, 2014
I took time over the last month to learn the basics of JMRI. Through a tutorial I successfully drew a track and made a CTC panel. The next step is to make a small test track using at least one of every component that is currently on my layout and get them to work so my understanding will get better before I tackle the full layout.
I built a small test track and installed some of the components needed to start this test. I decided to stick to just the turnouts to keep the complexity down while trying to get the computer to talk to the I/O board.
Yesterday I finally attempted to get the turnouts working and it took all day, but it was successful. It was a combination of many things from learning how to wire the USB-RS485 connector, JMRI lingo, how the "CMRI like" board acted like the true CMRI boards.
The important thing is I got them working and have a much higher understanding of the connections.