Saturday, May 31, 2014

Brunswick Engine Facility

I have been struggling with my engine facility and turntable situation for awhile. I cut a hole and put in a turntable that was too small. Then I got a larger turntable and it didn't leave a lot of room for anything else. At this point I put the engine facility on hold.

I then started getting the idea that I wanted a lot more industry and I started working on ideas that might work. Almost every idea was tossed because of one thing or another and the project was put back on the back burner again.

It was suggested that I put in a wye and although I doubted it would work, it appeared that it will. I started by checking to see if it would come off the mainline, but it turned out I could come of the engine track and keep the mainline clear. This has the added benefit of being able to get industries on both sides of the corner of this part of the layout. So I can add industry and turn engines.

Today I plugged the turntable hole, added track for the wye and now I'm looking for the best place to add the fueling station and all the other things to get the most bang for the Buck.





No comments:

Post a Comment