Sunday, June 1, 2014

Diesel fueling station

The diesel fuel station that I purchased from the Eno Valley Railroad had a base that looked like it could be put in from the underside of the bench work. However, there were enough things sticking out that said this would be very tough to do, especially by myself, and I really want to get it installed in one piece.

First I cut the hole so the fueling station will slide in from the top.




Then I cut a plywood base large enough to attach from the bottom. I also cut a hole in the middle to allow access to the wires and so I can get a hand in there so I can lower it from the bottom.



I put spacers in so that the fueling station would sink low enough and be flush with the top. This will be screwed in from the bottom. The fueling station fits inside of this from the top.



The fueling station sitting in the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment