Saturday, September 3, 2011

Notes after Round 1

It appears that I need to retrain the yardmasters on the proper use of waybills in the yard. During the session yesterday it was noted that I didn't have a waybill for a reefer. There is only two ways this can be. Waybills are being put in the wrong cars or some are getting lost. During the discussion it was discovered that one of the regulars misunderstood some things about how to properly tell which car gets which new waybill when it returns to to the yard empty. So today I went around looking for all waybills from Bodwell Yard. Luckily there were only 25. At least 10 were wrong. Some were not matched on the AAR and there were a couple that were placed in cars from another home yard. Some of the trains haven't been run in a while, so this is a carryover from at least one earlier session. I'll have to do what one of the other owners have done, give a class then give a test.
Some people also don't understand how to handle the OFFSET car. I have only had two in all these months, but neither one has yet moved unless I restaged it. Re-training.
WJ-1's maiden voyage was off to a shaky start. It made it to Searsport, but the cars and Car cards didn't match when they got there.
On an up note, the paper mill and Yard special instruction cards were all handled the way I want to see it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment