Monday, November 2, 2015

Staging update

I started laying out the basic plywood to see where I stood on making the new staging work. I used the same two pieces just to get an idea of where we were. This is a crawl space that you step up into from the train room and it slopes up hill, so the lower level will be low at the far end. The total length of the plywood is 16'. There is still about 4' of space at the far end.

In the first picture you can see the upper level in place and I need to dodge the drain pipes. I started on the right with  an ~ 1.5% down grade for 8' and then leveled out the rest of the way. The starting point has room for adjustment depending on how much I get the old staging area lowered. Right now the far left end is 36" from the floor.


The next picture shows the boards in the position for the lower level. The is no slope at this time, but I can consider rising over that distance to keep the lower level off of the floor. Currently the far end is 19' off of the floor. If I have to crawl under there to get cars it could be ugly.


I'm looking into a return loop for both levels just to make staging easier. Right now that might not happen because the reach could be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment