Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Todays issues

The last weekend session had issues with the DCC tripping for a short while and then cleared up and no issues after that. Today's session had one section of track shorting, but not the whole layout. Got it narrowed down to one car with metal trucks that had been running for years with no issues. The trucks have been changed out and hope that those tripping issues are done.
One other issue was that 80% of the phones went out. Don't you just love electronics. Good news here is that we can still go back to radios if necessary. It does make it tough to continue to get the rest of the upper level ready for ops.

2 comments:

  1. I realized that the car with the metal trucks was put on the layout just before when the problems started. It had been in the drawer for a while. It had it’s wheels changed out and I’m sure I wasn’t thinking about making sure that the wheels on the same truck have the insulation on the wheels on the same side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phones were also a quick fix. Luckily for me. When I moved and took down the phone system I left a short piece of wire in the push block, so that when I set up again I would get the wires in the right place. Well two of the wires for the only phone that hasn’t been put back in, ended up touching (Magically after two years).

    ReplyDelete