Friday, December 23, 2011

New lighting for Portland, Deering & Yarmouth Jct.

I was happy with the first set of lights I received for Brunswick and ordered more. I turns out I should have ordered one more reel. I am about six feet short.

I spent the last two days running an auxiliary bus for layout lighting and accessories. When that was complete I put up the new reels of lights in the other areas that were needed.
One of the things that are different with this set of lights was that I needed to angle the lights a bit toward the backdrop. I had been mounting the lights on the front board of the upper level because the tape would be held with full contact. With upper level being wider at this point the lights were out at the very front. I placed a thin strip of wood angled at about 30 degrees toward the back, to allow the lights to shine a bit on the backdrop.


All of the light reels can be cut smaller and the cut pieces have a place to solder more wires on so the the cut pieces can still be used. I was told that soldering might not work, but I was able to do it and that means it can't be too hard.

Here you will see before and after pictures of the south end of the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment