Saturday, October 31, 2009

Upper Level progress

The upper level benchwork is completed in the main area. Where is two towns will be located the benchwork is 24" deep and the, other is 20". It is only 15" deep where the trains just run through.
The benchwork was 62 1/2" high and for the widest area where switching would take place, it seemed too deep for me, with no stool. I had to decide how important the height was and whether a stool would be a problem with a low ceiling. I settled on lowering the benchwork down to 60". This gives me a 15" separation between decks, which really doesn't seem to be a problem on the lower deck except for a area where the trains will just run through.
I also can lower the lower level benchwork by as much as 3", just by loosening the supports. Some adjusting will need to be done as I put the grade into the lower level.

No comments:

Post a Comment