Friday, February 11, 2011

Bridge Over the Penobscot River

I have been trying to figure out the best way to go to get my bridge over the river and not lose too much between the decks. I finally came up with a way to get the bridge installed and still have the strength needed. I had to remove and rebuild the section of bench work to incorporate the bridge.

The bridge alignment wasn't perfect and came a little too close to the wall. I took it back down again to trim a little more off the front of the river bottom. This will give me a better track alignment from the helix and a better alignment near the wall corner. I made the adjustments and put it back in place. I decided to lower it one more inch to reduce the grade. The grade looks better, but I still have a little problem with the connection to the helix. The sub roadbed just doesn't line up like I want. It looks like I'll need to go back about 2 feet and modify the approach to get a better angle. That can wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment