Friday, May 6, 2011

Northern Maine Junction (upper staging)

Started the morning installing all the TSM's at the southern end of Northern Maine Junction (NMJ). When I completed that project I set up to connect and test the tortoises. When I got to the computer I discovered that the track on the dispatch panel didn't quite match actual. The three way was not exactly right and I really wanted track number 10 to be at the top of the screen. This would mean that all multiple tracks the dispatch would see would have the highest track number at the top. So I had to redesign the upper level on screen 4.
When that was completed, I connected the TSM's to the computer and programmed them for operation. Then came the testing of the TSM's and after a few computer changes everything was working fine.
My next project was to finish hooking up 8 of the 10 tracks for power and the yard throat had to have power. The yard throat takes a lot of time because of all the turnouts require extra wires to make everything work OK.
I finally ran out of gas so the next time I go down there I'll quickly cut the gaps for the yard throat and then it will be time to test the engine and see if it runs. If all is successful I will be able to say that I can run trains throughout the complete layout. This might not happen until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment