Thursday, October 1, 2015

Contemplating A Name Change

Almost 25 years ago I came up with the Blue Ridge & White Mountain Railroad. It was based on a generic idea to make my railroad both Southern and Northern just by changing the locomotives and rolling stock. Needless to say I am all into Maine and the Southern part never materialized. If I had picked a mountain route instead of a coastal route things might have been different.
Many years ago I debated a change of the railroads name to make it more related to Maine. I am not a real good change artist. I had a hard time changing to code 83 from code 100. Now that I'm changing control systems and computer controls and the change bug is here I started thinking about the name change. Here is a listing of some ideas.

Casco Bay Northern - this bay is at Portland the southern most point of the railroad.

I have played with the idea of using my initials CMB

Central Maine and Boston
Central Maine and Bangor
Coastal Maine and Boston
Coastal Maine and Bangor

3 comments:

  1. I vote Coastal Maine and Bangor.

    Pretty cool you are switching to NCE. That makes three folks in this area that I know of recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this in an email.

    "regarding a possible name change, here's my suggestion, using your initials:
    Canada, Maine & Boston"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete