Saturday, April 23, 2016

A lot of work Ahead

I do not like to cancel op sessions. This means that any major work has to be done between sessions. Any changes must he ready to go in less than a month. Normally this is not a problem, but to add the new staging, I must do many changes this month.

I have tested all of the new track and now everything needs to be incorporated into the old system. This will mean many many changes in JMRI. The way I attached to the layout means that Deering must be modified and also changed in JMRI. The old staging track 7 & 8 will become Deering's mainline. The old mainline will become sidings.

A new local control panel will have to be designed, implemented and tested before the next op session.

There are things I'm doing at this point that can be implemented, that need to be done for the new portion of the layout, that will not impede op sessions. There will come a point where I have to decide to go for broke and make all of the changes and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment