Thursday, May 26, 2022

Locomotive Facility and having troubles making up my mind.

I usually hate when I can't make up my mind. In this case it is turntable versus straight diesel facility. Certain structures I already have so I must try to incorporate them. I also wanted to have all turnouts in the right position so even if I changed my mind, I would not have to redo a control panel. 

So I came up with a plan that on the right hand side (#1) would stay the same no matter what. This would keep my control panel the same. I would start with just tracks for engines that matched up with the track spacing for #1. It would be the cheapest and easiest way to start. 

If I decided to go with the turntable (sized for Walthers 130' or 90’ table), I would just have to remove the track labeled with #2 and put the turntable in place and curve the tracks to match up with existing track.(Much more costly and I have a chance to see how bad I want that turntable, before putting out the bucks.
This plan gives me a car repair shop and spots for diesel fuel, coal and sand deliveries. 

If I go with no turntable the turnout of the yard lead can be used for an incoming north bound engines to hide while being serviced. If I go with the turntable, there would be easy entrance from both the north and south end of the yard.

1 comment:

  1. All the the track is in now along with the most of the buildings that will be in this area. Everything has been cleaned up. Now to wire up all that track…oh yeah five more tortoises to put in.

    The last turnout I needed to make use of all tracks in Rigby Staging came in today. I will do that at the same time.

    But not tomorrow. Tomorrow is an Ops day. Playing is more fun than working.

    ReplyDelete