Friday, May 13, 2022

Main Yard Updates and Turnout Motor installation

The hard part today was making sure I had the right industries to fit the area allowed so that I could install all the the turnouts for that. So…The main yard now has all of the yard tracks, caboose and through track installed. The through track with it's turnouts to the industry areas are in place. The industry's are figured out.
The only unsure area is the engine facility. Do I purchase a turntable or go with a diesel facility. Yes I would like to do some steam. On the old layout I just made the steam a through train with no turning needed. I do like the idea of a small roundhouse and turntable, but it takes up so much space. So, for now, I will leave that space alone.
All of the turnouts from the other day have tortoises. I wasn't sure if I could get off the floor on some of the machines father back in the layout. Now there are five more and they are all to the back…….but they do not get in the way of the framing of the layout. UNLIKE yesterday.
Remember Model Railroading is fun…. I say that a lot while under the layout putting in tortoise machines and wiring.
If you were wondering about the industrial section, the engine facility with coal, sand and fuel oil will be there. The will also be the REA building, the A&P, the coal company and lumber company. I was able to fit in the icing plant…but it would only be the racks themselves . I will have to paint the building itself on the backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment