Thursday, July 14, 2022

Signal Updates

I have been working on t he signals for awhile now. All of the heads currently installed are able to be lit as needed. The computer sees all of the signals and will display whatever aspect I want.

The first step was too get the signals working on simple logic in JMRI. That is working as is expected. The signals react to turnout position and occupancy detection as expected. No direction control.

The next step was to get the CTC part working. To do this I had to go back to the old layout files and figure out what I did then. What I wanted was the signals to reset after a train goes through. And enough signals to go red to prevent a head on meeting. So when the dispatch activates a signal, all of the appropriate opposing signals go red. They stay red until the dispatch says otherwise.

Well this has been done and some of it has been checked, but I ran out of time to finish it. Hopefully tomorrow.

On another note my new resistor wheels are on the way and I can move on to getting more rolling stock on the layout.

1 comment:

  1. The CTC system is working now. I have tested on the bench. A real test will be needed to see if I missed anything.

    M y resistor wheels came in so now I can work on rolling stock. The fun never ends.

    ReplyDelete