Sunday, March 19, 2023

Portland updates

From the last session I did the necessary fixes. Now it is on to Portland. I needed to run wires from the current layout across the bridge. That would require seven wires, two for DCC, two for Accessory power, two for the CMRI power and a CAT-5 for the CMRI. I checked that I could fit those wires in a protective case for the floor and they would fit so I went ahead and started.
The DCC on this section will be powered from the booster, so I had to run wires from it. The CMRI is only needed for a few items. Mostly for protection when the swing gate is open. Unfortunately I spent a lot of time with this yesterday and something was not right. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, so I will get back to that shortly.
Today I wanted to make positive progress, so I ran the DCC wires for Portland. I made and connected all the drops for the current track. I also connected the swing bridge up. Tomorrow I will have to connect all of that to the power bus. At least that way I can run trains across the bridge.
The other day I also printed out a lot of new waybills and changes to existing waybills for the new track in Northern Maine Junction, Belfast and Portland. So I will be able to get that going also.

No comments:

Post a Comment