Tuesday, March 28, 2023

The Great Searsport Flood

For the first time in days I was not working on the railroad. I was woodworking a project for a donation to a fund raiser. In the process I needed to go down and find the dust pan from the train room. Lo and behold there was water on the floor. At first it appeared to be coming from the floor and closer inspection of wet boxes said otherwise. The regulator shown in the first picture was weeping out of the bell cap.
Searsport got a little wet. Some dripped to the floor. Once dry I will turn everything on and find out what, if anything, needs to be done.
I know that no electronics was impacted. I believe only one Tortoise possibly got wet. Some buildings got wet and boxes below the benchwork got a little wet on the bottom.
Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, I know Searsport is technically a port but you didn’t need to add actual water! Is everything ok now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to make it realistic with a Nor’eatser. Actually everything is fine. Maybe a little warpage on a siding. Shims can fix that.

    ReplyDelete