Sunday, December 26, 2010

Getting engines ready

I brought out the engines that I previously converted to digitrax and some of them weren't running so hot. I had trouble programing the engines until I reread the directions and realized I missed one step.
I got concerned about having enough engines so I ran the the Choo Choo Shop and bought a bunch of N & HO scale decoders so I would have a mixture for my engines. I also had some previously ordered Z scale decoders also came in.
I was slow in getting started, but I did end up doing four before I quit and I straighten out some issues with the previously completed ones. I will have to test run these on the layout to ensure they are ready for Ops. I do know that one steam engine does not like the layout because it stops at all the fogs I tested it on. It also has sound so that makes it more annoying. I have not powered the frogs yet, but it looks like I'll have to if I want to run steam. (Oh joy).
Today I'll continue on and see how many more I can get done. Who knows, I may even get even done to run with two engines per train.

No comments:

Post a Comment