Thursday, December 23, 2010

Panels and engines

I got the last two panels installed. A two day project that took five. I ran out of crimp connectors so I have two lights that don't work, but once I get the connectors that problem will be solved.
I started work on the engines to see if I had enough for an op session. I already tested some of the engines and I knew they were OK, but now I had to bring out ones that I changed decoders on. The steam engine with the sound did not like the frogs at all. Some of the diesels didn't want to take a program change so they will have to be looked at. Needless to say I am short on engines.
I did order some decoders and they were delivered today. I also ran down to the Choo Choo Shop and picked up a bunch more. I know what I'll be doing in the near future. I have a good selection of Z, N and HO decoders so I should have plenty to choose from. This should give me plenty for an Op Session and maybe even some double header consists.
While I was at the Choo Choo Shop I asked if they could program my two F3's for the engine number, because I wasn't able to do it for some reason. They were able to get the job done for me. That is one less set of engines on the default settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment