Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beating back the Gremlins

I have been plagued with Gremlins since I decided to call for the first session. For the most part they have been beaten into submission. All of the engines seem to be running OK. One of the engines sounded like it was running on square wheels, even though it is a new engine. I decided to take it apart looking for a broken gear, but I didn't find any. There was a small particle in one of the gears. I cleaned it up and while not perfect it is running better. The only thing I have figured out is it is in the front truck.
Most of the button issues where due to the fact that somehow I introduced an old version of a text file into the computer. This text file told the computer what turnouts to throw when you push a certain button. Once I figured that out I just had to do some reprogramming.
The only local button that doesn't work hasn't been figured out yet. Parts of the circuit has been tested, but there must be a bad solder joint somewhere. The good news is that turnout is only expected to operated remotely and that part still works.
So, I'm thinking that thinking the only Gremlin now is the weather. The session is tomorrow and there is ice all over the roads. We'll see how things go today before we decide what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment