Thursday, January 20, 2011

Finishing Up Changes & The MER Convention

I added a new track in staging and instead of waiting until later I went ahead and installed the local control. I also installed a button that I forgot in Portland staging, which was a good thing because I ended up moving it to a different panel than it was originally scheduled to go in.
I was finishing up some of the Staging changes because once I cover it up there will be no going back. I also took this time to put in permanent bracing for Searsport (above staging). I made a few changes in staging to allow me to raise the track in staging once I get all my Tortoise machines installed above it.
I was thinking that I would be done for a little while and then I get an email asking if I would consider opening my layout for the convention. Of course I said yes, that is what this is all about. So what does that mean for me? I have until October to get as much done as I can. The ultimate would be to have all of the upper level completed so I can have the full planned Op Sessions.
All of the bench work is already up for the upper level and the upper level staging track is already in. Part of the helix roadbed is done. So this should be easy, right! It is until you consider all of the things that will sidetrack you from your goal. Well here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment