Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's time to start freaking out

It is a couple of days to the first op session and today I decided to put cars in their starting positions. The cars were basically in the yard and in staging but not in any kind of order. I would use engines to move the cars around while setting up the trains. Little problems started creeping in right from the beginning. Track 5 button from the south side of Bodwell yard wouldn't work. The Main 2 track button from the North side wouldn't work and one of my engines was acting up. Not a good start.
I shut down the system for running some errands and when I came back, none of the engines would work. I know the track power came on because my sound engines were making noise and the engines lights were on. They just didn't run I powered up and powered down many times but know good. It was the same on all throttles. Great, now I'm starting to go crazy.
About an hour later, I decided to try again and the engines started up this time. Don't you just love the magic in the little black box. Then I noticed the throttle was acting up on one leg of the layout. I turned out it was happening down stream of the radio plug in, which wasn't powered at the time. I plugged it in and that seemed to solved that problem.
I noticed that the turnout control buttons weren't working properly. It turned out they were working very slow. This usually means that the computer has issues and that was the case. One of the nodes wasn't being read. That slows down the computer. That node will have to wait until tomorrow.
Things were a lot easier when I didn't have all this electronics.

Remember "Model Railroading is fun"

No comments:

Post a Comment