Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Construction update

Yesterday I got enough JMRI work done and made the choice to do what it takes to have it all done by the next session. 14 days to complete all track changes, paperwork and restage.

Today I put in the new panel for Deering to match the proposed new track arrangement. I finished programming JMRI to allow all of these buttons and lights to work. This all went pretty well until I hit the RS 485 convert and cracked it. So far it still works, but I'll have to order another one just in case.


Things went good enough to start removing all Portland track that was in the way, putting in the new mainline and remove all TSM's. The back two tracks were the old Deering tracks and are now the industry tracks. Some of the Portland staging is now used as the Deering Main and siding.


Still need to finish the mainline leading in and out of Deering. After that I'll start on the track power which will have to be changed for occupancy detection. Signals after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment