Thursday, November 5, 2009

40 More Feet of Benchwork

This is technically phase II. The first part of that is the L shaped area along two walls. I put studs up along the walls so I could attach the benchwork to it. I was able to put up about 40 feet of benchwork. 20 on top and 20 on the bottom. This benchwork leads to the staging areas. The top picture shows the phase 1 to the right .

Working our way to the left, this picture shows the middle of the area that was built today. The center top and both levels to the left are 12" deep. They are areas that the trains will travel in between towns. There will be a town on the lower shelf in the center of the picture. This area is 20" deep.

The bottom picture shows the narrow shelf leading to staging, which will be to the left of this picture. All of the open area in the front will be filled with benchwork. I will have to have everything done around the walls before I build this section, or I may not get everything into the far corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment