Saturday, September 15, 2012

Scenery Update

I made a second pour in the river today and it looks a little better. More like a river than a pudle. This came with home made issues of course. I started painting the backdrop and twice got into the epoxy while it was setting up. The first was early on and was no problem. The second time I laid my arm in it as it was setting up. It looked ugly at first with wispy strings coming off my arm. However, there was still enough flexibility that it settled back some. I remembered that I had some canoes that would be perfect right there. Now it looks like a little wave action around the canoes. As Bob Ross would say "A happy accident".

As you can see it should be good. I'll add the people later. I don't want to get near the water again until it is ready.

This is the backdrop that got me in trouble with the river. I have been having trouble with the fall trees, but I think I finally got it. It is too bad that this will get covered up with forground scenery.

This is an unfinished section where I placed some pine trees. I hate to throw away paint, so I used as much as I could. I'll go back later and put in some more trees. The one thing I don't usually have trouble with is Evergreens.


No comments:

Post a Comment