Sunday, September 9, 2012

George C Brown Sawmill

I finally got around to the track at the sawmill. We have been using a short stub track that would hold about 4 cars. I have been adding log cars to the layout and knew that the longer track would be needed real soon.
Right before the session on Saturday broke a major rule and I added track to the pond and put in the switch and track for the wood chips. I wasn't able to put the tortoise machine in, so I pinned the switch in place.
Today I added the Switch machine and since it was already in the computer, I just had to tell the computer where it was connected and make sure it worked as it was supposed to.
So the sawmill has change from a generic 4 spots to 10 spots for 3 different things: logs, chips and rough lumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment